Salary: $36,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
Big Giant Note: This role is only open to candidates who are citizens or authorized to work in the US (we do not sponsor visas).
About Power Kiosk
Power Kiosk connects thousands of commercial and residential buyers of utilities (gas/electricity) with our growing network of direct suppliers across North America. Founded in 2013, Power Kiosk is a rapidly growing internet SaaS platform based out of Chicago’s River North neighborhood. Management team has a track record of success in building and investing in thriving start-ups (Enova Financial, Pangea Properties). This is a very unique opportunity to come in at the ground level and catapult your career.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- You are early in your career but you want a challenging role with potential for growth
- You are professional but unpretentious – just like us!
- A graduate of a top tier 4-year college/university
- Ideally, you possess 1+ years of bookkeeping, accounting, or corporate experience
- You are organized, hard working, and looking to learn
- You want to be a part of growing and tech successful start-up in River North
Core Responsibilities (Bookkeeper, Office Manager, HR)
– Full responsibility of all AR/AP through Quickbooks, Stripe, and banking interfaces
– Review and analyze monthly financials with CEO and Chairman
– Lead the charge on financial discipline and responsible stewardship
– Coordinate with 3rd party tax accountants quarterly
– Financial / accounting reporting for internal and external stakeholders
– HR duties include setting up new employees, termination paperwork, and compliance
– Legal duties include supporting our licensing, compliance, and state/federal paperwork
– Executive team personal support (travel, meals, mail, etc)
– Coordinate all aspects of facilities and ensure a productive and orderly office environment
Hamed Babai, founder, received his PhD from Northwestern University in 2011 with a degree in Engineering. After working in the energy brokerage business, Hamed went off to build Power Kiosk from the ground up.
Steve Joung, Chairman, is the lead investor working with Power Kiosk. Steve was the former co-founder and CEO of Pangea Properties. Pangea was the #1 fastest growing Chicago business in 2013 with over 400 employees. Prior to Pangea, Steve was COO at Enova Financial (NYSE: ENVA) through its sale to a public company (NYSE: CSH).
- Compensation commensurate with level of experience (1+ years)
- Based out of Chicago River North office
- Health and dental benefits available
- This is a salary position with paid vacation and sick days