Salary: $50,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year
Qualifications (Big Giant Note: Please Only Apply if You Meet These Criteria)
- 1-3 years of experience in large corporate, consulting, banking or another rigorous field
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, operations, data, stats, math or another technical field from a top 100 university (https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges/rankings/national-universities)
- Fluent English communicator
About Power Kiosk
Power Kiosk is a venture-backed, rapidly growing internet software as a service (“SaaS”) platform based out of Chicago’s River North technology corridor. The platform connects commercial and residential buyers of utilities (gas/electricity) with over 80 direct suppliers. The company operates in the United States and Canada.
Ideal Candidate Profile
We are looking for someone looking to make a tremendous impact and grow rapidly in their professional careers. We are looking for a team member with an affinity for data and processes who can grow and keep up with the pace of the organization. We will invest in a high potential candidate who:
– Truly Enjoys Research and Development
– Enjoys technical challenges with software, data, and/or logic
– Proficient in SQL and other data communication languages
– Can work cross-functionally and solve many diverse business problems
– Wants to drive change and craves autonomy
– Pays attention to detail
– Understands digital marketing, Adwords and site traffic analysis
Role and Responsibilities
The Business Analyst’s job has a very broad mandate. At a very high level, his/her job is to generate and analyze data to help the business make actionable improvements. This role is built to solve problems. The coworker will:
– Fundamental Research of the utility company rate and tariff pages, extracting formulas and algorithms and developing processes to store the findings
– Understand our data and provide insightful reporting and analysis to business leadership
– Understand our business and constantly make improvement based on data
– Work with SEM-Rush to understand the digital acquisition space of energy. Market Size, Trending keywords for organic and paid search.
– Develop and implement digital marketing strategies
– Be able to roll up sleeves and knock out tasks one day, but also be able to eloquently express him/herself in a client meeting on the next
– If successful, become an integral part of Power Kiosk’s future leadership team
Current Leadership Team
Hamed Babai, the founder of Power Kiosk, received his Ph.D. from Northwestern University in 2011 with a degree in Engineering. After working in the energy brokerage business, Hamed went off to build Power Kiosk from the ground up.
Steve Joung, Executive Chairman, is the co-founder and former CEO of Chicago-based Pangea Properties. Pangea currently has over 450 employees and close to $1B in AUM. Steve was a founding Board Member of Avant and former COO of Chicago-based Enova Financial. Steve is a member of YPO (Chicago), Hyde Park Angels, and the Economic Club of Chicago.
- Base compensation commensurate with the level of experience (min 1 year, max 3 years)
- Full-time role based out of Chicago River North (Orleans and Hubbard)
- Entrepreneurial culture with tremendous career potential
- Health and dental benefits
- Equity options available after 6 months of exceptional delivery